Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Dear Readers: What Do You Want To See First?

I accomplished some major milestones last week and this cleared off my plate some serious stress and time consumption. It will be replaced with more in the very near future. However, I have a window of time that I can work on other things. I have promised that I would return to doing some paleo posts here.

I have a number of half or three quarters finished posts. I'm considering which ones to finish up and bring online. I'd like to get some feedback from my readers to see what they would like to have first. IDK if I will get to two posts, but I will try. Here are the lists of the ones that are in production that you all can vote on:

1. Not Your Father's Archean: This is about the new research that indicates that the archaen was not what we had thought it was.

2. A Fully Functional Mass Extinction: Talks about the definitions of a mass extinction, its misuse, how they 'work' and some annoying things that scientists and nonscientists ought to avoid when discussing them.

3. The Great Harrowing: The Sixth Mass Extinction: Talking about the mass extinction(s) that are combined into what is being called the Sixth. This clarifies the extinctions that took place at the Pliocene-Pleistocene boundary, the Pleistocene-Holocene, and the ongoing one.

4. An unnamed therocephalian post: This would return to talking about the nonmammalian therapsids like I did with the gorgonopsids and the dicynodonts.

5. An unnamed Xenopermian post: This talks about the environments of the places that we will be highlighting in the ongoing xenopermian alternate paleohistory project.


Pick two please.

One for your first choice that I will get done.

A second for what you'd like me to get to after if I have time.

5 comments:

davidmaas said...

4 and 5!

Anonymous said...

1 and 4
Tom O'B

Matt said...

4 and 1, with 5 a close 3rd!

Kelly Miller said...

I suggest working on the one that you will have the most fun with.

Noel Maurer said...

Number (3), followed by other paleo posts. This is my number one source for that!

Plus, that global warming discussion that you've been promising.

Alternate paleoclimes, strangely not as interesting as they would have been a few years ago, unless they shed light on the real past or possible future.

But ... what Kelly said, really.

And congratulations on clearing stuff off the plate. I won't be there until May, April on the outside.