Friday, February 29, 2008

oyoyoyoyoyoy!

Life at the moment is a little exciting.

Yesterday my daughter had her 3rd birthday. She had requested cheese cake, so that's what we got her (we have been to pressed for time to make one). We had two friends over and because of the timing sang to her twice. She got three DVDs and a Parasaurolophus dino toy from us, a book from a good friend that's virtually her godmother at this point, and a t-shirt from one of the friends that came over. She'll have another BDay party on Monday at her daycare. One goof up from last night was that we realized too late that we didn't get her balloons: Lyuda grabbed some fast from the local TJ's because our local supply had already closed.

Last night after Avrora had gone to bed, I helped my wife a bit - and only a bit - with some editting on her paper that was due today. Russian, her native tongue, has a lesser emphasis on word order: the differences between "people with potential" and "with potential people" are rather striking...in English. This isn't a jab at her! I know I could use an editor for my prose here. oy.

This morning I had a meeting with the machinist that's doing the work - or at least giving me quotes - related to my "mischief." He needed some clarification on some drawings. He figured out what this whole thing was for and is really stoked. Likewise, I got a call this morning from a potential partner company and they are very interested. I have a meeting at their corporate headquarters on Wednesday (*gulp*). I also have a meeting with a company rep on Monday. The CAD stuff is largely done for the physical aspects of what I am doing. I'm moving into the control and programming aspect now.

I have to run out for an appointment that has nothing to do with my mischief tomorrow.

Plus my class stuff.

On top of all of that I still have my job. And the very unfinished Permian sim I have been tinkering with for some time.

Oy.

No comments: