Monday, January 08, 2007

ARGH!

I am still at work helping along the upgrade. My own portion of this was taken care of a while ago. That is to say the stuff for the centerwide filesystem. Since I was asked to take care of overseeing the whole process for all the machines here at work, I am still at work. We have two machines that are still not ready for production. One of which is because the system hit some bugs and worked its way through them. The other...well...version control as never their strong point and now that we are installing a new filesystem...argh! I think I have counted 12 different kernels. I found at least three different versions of the FS. Since we're having to build a different set of personality modules for the FS for each kernel...this is taking fracking forever. Oh did I mention they're not running a standard distribution of Linux EITHER?

gah.

So, I am still here and life sucks at the moment. I've been here since 7:30 AM.


No comments: