Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Reading Update


I finished the AI for games book. The last two chapters were the two that were actually mildly interesting. They dealt with neural networks and genetic algorithms. Neither was uber indepth. That's a pity. I rather found those far more interesting and useful than the pathing algorithms. Then again, those are far, far more complicated to implement and explain than the previous for the average coder (or wannabe) that's going to be picking up this book.

I have launched into Sailing Bright Eternity. I'm about 60 pages into it. It's not a bad read so far. Benford's info dumping alot to bridge between his Walmsley stories and his Family Bishop ones. Nothing really remarkable so far. Still doesn't feel future enough. Stross does that better. I'd like to see if Charlie can tackle a really long term book though like Baxter did with Evolution. I should be done with SBE by friday or saturday at the latest.

I'll be starting into Construction of Drilled Pier Foundations then.


No comments: